Thursday, April 16, 2009

Paper Flower Experimenting

So after seeing Eloise Corr Danch's beautiful paper flowers she did for Macy's I felt very inspired to try making some different, more sculptural flowers myself.

I saw this post on the Oh So Crafty blog a couple of weeks ago. Tricia made some awesome fabric flowers that she turned into a brooch and she was so kind to give instructions on how to do it. It is super easy! I tried to make one with paper. I am not so satisfied with it. I don't like seeing the wire so much.

So then I tried a couple of more today.
One with coffee filters and the other with white paper. I wrapped the stems in MS green floral tape (love this green).
I am going to keep playing (the fun part) and do a white wreath, also a white/blue wreath as well. Seeing that color combo alot and it is a classic color story.

Let me know what you think. Also, did you get to here Amy from Pikaland give her talk on creativity in Etsy's virtual lab the other night? It was awesome!! She is going to post a round up of the talk on her blog shortly in case you didn't get to stop in.

No comments: