Saturday, January 02, 2010

Sketchbook

I have been working with my inspiration boards and also a big, beautiful flowers of the world book and creating sketches. I have also done some paintings but I am still waiting... waiting to do one I really LOVE and want to share up close. I really like the looseness of the sketches but it seems when I go for the painting the looseness gets lost in translation. We took down our tree and put away all of the Christmas decorations. It feels good to get a fresh start.


6 comments:

Wini said...

Hi Dana, you are truly inspiring and full of creativity! I love the looseness of your florals. They look so vibrant and dynamic! Wini :)

Dana Barbieri said...

Hi Wini! Thanks so much! :)

Delaney Gates said...

This is so inspiring and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

jacqueline said...

Dear Dana, i really enjoy your inspiration boards and truely adore your paintings! That is such a gorgeous inspiring book! My bithday is on the 8th of Jan...can't believe we are both the Jan babies. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Kate England | Marmalade Moon said...

Your work is always so beautiful and inspiring!

Regina said...

your sketches would make lovely art prints. What kind of paint are you working with on your paintings?