Sunday, March 01, 2009

Inspiration

I was asked not to long ago where I find my inspiration. And my answer was everywhere. If you are being aware of your surroundings and are truly present you will find inspiration all around you. Now I admit I am not always there. There are days where so many things are standing out to me and others nothing. But on the days that I am in the flow I may notice how two different colors look next to each other. How cool the texture on the bottom of my son's shoe is. I may love the way my fruit looks sliced up. I may hear a really great saying. I really try and be in the groove as often as I can because that is when the magic happens. That is when you say "AHA" I really want to try making a collage with those colors or I want to draw some fruit in my sketch book. So try as hard as it sometimes is to be aware because you never know where that next idea will come from and it inevitably will lead to more.

No comments: