Tuesday, July 06, 2010

COLOR STORY: LIME, BLUEBERRY,SEAGLASS


A long while back I started showing color stories here. I haven't done this in a LONG time. But since color is something that fuels my creative juices I decided from time to time I would post a color story or two. This morning as I was getting my kids their breakfast I noticed our blueberries that we picked yesterday in their beautiful paper container sitting next to my crocheted dishcloth made by my mom. I thought the colors looked great together. I uploaded to picnik ( love that site) and added some great fonts. So this is what was inspiring me on this sweltering summer morning.

In other news... I have been working ALOT on my facebook page. Please come say hi if you haven't already. I have been spending SO much time on line. Staying up way too late. Trying to figure it all out. I feel a break is coming up soon.

Please come back on Thrusday.... I have a brand new Art Biz Mama interview to share!!  I am so glad you have all been enjoying these as much as I have.

xo,
dana

6 comments:

Carissa Paige said...

Wow! I love your new banner + this color story series! I love that font too! I'll have to check out picnik. Your blog is always always so inspiring Dana! Loving your new paintings too :)
Xoxo, Carissa.

Amelia said...

I am totally burning the candle far too much with all this creative flying. Have managed to get loads done but can feel a burn out coming on . . . . . your blog's looking great. I am off to have a further peruse. Trying to catch up with blogs too :0

Amelia.x

Shelby and Bev said...

i am a fellow flyer, enjoy your blog...

jacqueline said...

Dearest Dana, this sounds like a wonderful column! I am a huge fan of color and how fun to have story to go along with it! Gorgeous color combination! Green seems to play a huge part in some of my new designs lately! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Louise Gale "Dream-Inspire-Create" said...

hi Dana, love the color stories you have such a wonderful eye for color and putting colors together. Ive been on mental burnout as im away and cant really do very much creatively (which is driving me insane!), so im trying to ride this wave, make some plans and enjoy. Looking forward to your next interview. xxx

Jo said...

Gorgeous colours here today, Dana. Hmm can totally and completely relate to the 'burning candles at both ends' scenario... Kelly's course has been amazing and now there is soooo much to do!!!
Hugs xx