Sunday, November 15, 2009

Swimming in a sea of flowers


I have a large custom order I have been working on. Two 30" wreaths. Flowers, flowers everywhere. This has been a learning process for sure. Ups and downs to it which I won't go into here. I think they will come out very pretty and festive and I hope the customer is pleased. I just wanted to say "hi" and I hope you are having a great weekend.

Some fun things we did/are doing this weekend:
*Took the kids to a puppet show. Based on the book Caps for Sale. They loved it!

*Making/eating gucamole, wish I was going to have a margarita with it. :)

*I don't have a love for cooking/baking but I do enjoy doing it with the kids. We make a pizza and calzone at least once a week. After I broke our cheap pizza wheel I just ordered this one.
It is supposed to be wonderful.

*And I ordered The Artists Guide. Since it is due in a few days and there is no way I will be done.

* Also, I read this post on treasuring by Jessica Gonacha Swift. Here is a bit about it:
Spring is a collaborative project that has a single, overarching theme: inspiration. Through videos, blog posts, and the website itself, Spring is opening an insightful dialogue that focuses on helping you design a life you love.
Here is the link if you want to read more.

4 comments:

Louise Gale said...

Hey Dana, thats wonderful you have a custom order... :-) I just got my first freshlyblended ornament through the mail...did you get any yet? Hope all is going well with you....im sure you are busy...im beside myself getting organised for the next 6 weeks!....i love the holidays so im in my element. speak soon. x

jacqueline said...

Dear Dana, i would love to be surrounded by flowers! :) Congratz on the wonderful custom order. Ohh i ordered me a copy of that book too : The Artists Guide! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Michele at A House Called Nut said...

I'm a huge fan of your wreaths, so I'm sure your customer will be happy. Good luck with the big order!

And, mmmmm, I'm right there with you on the guacamole and margarita...which reminds me that I really do have guacamole ingredients sitting around!

Kate England | Marmalade Moon said...

Congratulations on your custom order! Hope all goes well with it and that your customer is happy too!

Love to read about your days and added the Spring project to my RSS-feed. Guess I'll have to succumb and buy The Artist's Guide too...

Take care!
xx Kate