Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today




Today I have so many things I have to do like... laundry, writing my grocery list and going shopping and cooking dinner. Those don't sound like big things but when you have a 3 1/2 yr. old and a 1 1/2 yr. old those things can take a long time to get done especially when we all have a cold.

Today there are also so many things I want to do like.... paint and draw in my sketchbook, mix colors, cut and paste. It is hard to do the things you want to do when there are so many things you have to do.

So we have been spending lots of time outdoors lately. The weather has been wonderful. My son just got his first two wheel bike with training wheels and he wants to ride all the time now. It is so cute to see how excited he is and how well he is doing. I took these pics (and many more) while riding around our neighborhood. There is so much inspiration in nature everywhere you look. I am going to start a new collection of collages titled NATURE STUDIES. That was a title of a course I took at FIT. We just drew from nature. It was great.

So what have you been seeing around your neighborhood? I encourage you to get out and take a walk and bring your camera and see what you can capture for inspiration. If you live in a city.. go to a park or just walk down the street and you will find tons of inspiration.

No comments: