Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ARTIST: Sonia Delaunay








Have you ever just fallen head over heels with an artists work? Well, I fall in love with alot of artists work but Sonia Delaunay (1185-1979) was one of my first favorites. I was introduced to her work back in college. I remember designing machine knitted fabric inspired by her art. I still have the presentation board. She is a beautiful colorist. I love her bold shapes and color as well as her interesting compositions. Her work includes painting, textile design and stage set design. This is a great retrospective of her work. She was a wife and mother. She often took second place to her husband, artist Robert Delaunay. After his death in 1941 she really began to blossom.

2 comments:

Kate England | Marmalade Moon said...

Thank you for introducing me to the art and life of Sonia Delaunay! Wow... yes! I do love these bold shapes and colours, Especially the last picture where the architecture and the women blend, like they are all - the same kind of creatures? Or like they all are patterns?

jqline said...

Yes i have fallen head over heels with not just one but a couple of artists work! Thank you so much for sharing Sonia Delaunay's work with us...i adore the colors in her work! Just gorgeous! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/