Thursday, April 07, 2011


A huge THANK YOU for all of your support and kind words about my website (and please, critical feedback is appreciated and welcome). It can be scary putting yourself out there but I have come to a place that I don't have that need for the external approval so much. Of course, it will never go away completely. We all want to be liked, and not everyone will like us. Be o.k. with it. I have gotten to a place where I am creating from within, rather from without. Not (well, trying not) to compare myself to others and be so concerned with whatever they are doing. And it feels good. This quote comes to mind " I am not interested so much in what I do with my hands or words as what I do with my heart. I want to live from the inside out, not from the outside in."- Hugh Prahter Isn't that great?

2 comments:

Kim Hambric said...

I think that those people who do not want (or need) external approval don't have many friends -- if any. I do think it is part of human nature.

A brief, but very meaningful post today. One I will think about for a long time.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Great quote. That's the second time you've shared a great quote with me. The first one was about Matisse owing his life as an artist to flowers.

I love the artwork in this post.