Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blog Revamp

What is a blog without any comments?? I have been asking myself this lately. I am planning on revamping this blog.

This blogging thing certainly isn't easy at all. It feels a bit strange and a bit lonely to be posting things and not getting any feedback so I am thinking of new things to post about. If you are reading along let me know what you like to see in a blog.

In a recent mailing from Etsy they listed alot of great ideas, ideas I have known about: eye candy, contests, giveaways, posting often, posting things other then your work. On artist Sarah Ahearn's blog http://sarahearn.blogspot.com/ she posts a page from her sketchbook every week. I think that is great. I like seeing into others artists books. I also love to see works in progress. I know there are tons of blogs out there but I am just wondering what keeps you going back to your favorites. Then I ask myself what is the point in blogging? For me I want to connect with others: artists, buyers, sellers, designers, etc. Also, to get my work out there and to get me thinking of new things, to create, to post about. I think that a blog itself can a creative project for sure. One that will change just as the blogger does.

So if you have a second I would love to hear from you. And in the meantime I am dreaming up new things to share/post here.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I agree, I haven't been getting many commently lately. It is hard to come up with daily posts. I love seeing peoples work spaces. I think I will post mine. Geninne.com has some great house posts. Keep up the good work. I really enjoy your blog.

Alisa said...

Whoops, sent the last comment using my daughters (mini) account. :)