Thursday, September 02, 2010

Creative Color Challenge: Violet Purple


I can't even believe that the date of this post is September 2!! Wow! Really where did the summer go? Am I the only one that feels this way? We our doing the countdown to the first day of school which is on Wednesday. I am going to miss my little guy being with me all day but I am so excited for him. He is going to do great!

This is my submission for the final week of Louise Gale's Creative Color Challenge. The color is violet purple. I gessoed my paper and then used colored pencils and did some paper cutting. I only participated in week 1,2 and 5. It was really fun and of course CHALLENGING. Check out all the other submissions in the flickr pool.

7 comments:

AG Ambroult said...

Such a beautiful color. And you can do so much with it. I love the cut paper parts of this piece.

Kolleen said...

beautiful....
my fav color is purple!!!

what a fun challenge.

happy thursday sweets
xo
k

Louise Gale "Dream-Inspire-Create" said...

Yummy yummy I love this. I thought id be scared of this color but am enjoying it lots! So glad you were able to join in for the final week. YAY. xx

jacqueline said...

This is truely amazing! I love this beautiful color. :) Loving your gorgeous paper cuts! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Regina said...

I gasped when I saw this because it simply took my breath away. I love it so much. I've been struggling with this color but now you have inspired me. I am going to tackle it tomorrow.

:)

Kerri said...

you're ending with one of my favorite colors!! (next to pink!)

Wini said...

I really love what you've created Dana especially the cutout effect! I agree its been fun and challenging!