Thursday, September 09, 2010

doing,buying,noticing

A few snaps from the past week (that went fast).

*Went to an antique flea market and found a yo-yo quilt which was so cute, had to try to make a yo yo. they are so fun and super easy. I see more of these in my future.
*Antique doily and embroidered runners purchased at the flea market. Such pretty work.
*My little guy had his first day of school and it went well (except he already lost his lunch box). A bit hard on me and his sis but we are adjusting.
*Fall is really fast approaching. Sad to see summer go and a bit excited too!
*Some scrappy cards made after reading Denyse Schmidts book
*I also made the oven mitt in the book however I can't seem to find the photo that I took.
I will have to show  you another time. I was really proud of myself. It is the first "thing" I have ever made!
I will let you know what I am doing with it and the scrappy cards in another post. It makes me happy to think about it!

13 comments:

jacqueline said...

Dearest Dana, such a lovely sweet update on how you are doing. :) I love love that gorgeous doily and embroidered runners! Oh and that yo-yo quilt too! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Beverley Baird said...

I love stopping by to see what you are creating/doing/writing about! Sounds like a lovely week.
Have a wonderful weekend!

chrissy said...

dana
what a beautiful week you had. hope you survived school starting...it.s always a hard adjustment for me. TOO quiet for my liking. i like my chicks under me.
i have started some embroidery and am loving it. your flea market finds inspire me.
love yo yo.s aren.t they the best?
so happy life is blessing you.
xo
c

Concetta said...

Glad the first day went well...ours too (and it is a bit hard on the younger one isn't it?). Lovely montage of pics. x

Amelia said...

I love little lists of exciting finds and accomplishments - go creative you! :)

Amelia.x

Kolleen said...

love this peak into your week!!

i am happy you made it through week one of school....i remember all too well sending my little ones off to kindergarten. it all goes soooo quickly.

wishing you a wonderful friday evening with your loves

xoxo
k

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

very fun way to look at your week-FULL OF COLOR AND VIBRANCE!

AG Ambroult said...

This is all such great stuff! Little boy in school! Hope he loves it. And I hope you found the lunchbox. Now I am thinking maybe oven mitts for holiday gifts? Were they reasonably easy?

Wini said...

Its nice to read about what you've been up too. What a lovely montage! I love the cute embroidery.

Angela said...

Love your shots from the week-fall finds, first day of school, quilt cards! I have heard yo-yo's are addicting!
Peace, Angela

carrie said...

I love how you have collaged these pieces of your life into one beautiful collection. Glad you are trying new things!

Shona Cole said...

what a lovely list. fall? what is that? The only sign of Fall here in Texas is in Hobby Lobby. lol
and I really love your blog banner, the colors are so soothing.

Faith said...

Hi! What a lovely collage of sweet pictures, so simply conveying where you are right now in time and life. You have such a skill for collage work, I love your new blog banner!
Quick question, do you know why I can't subscribe to your blog's RSS feed? Maybe it is a problem on my end.
The interview is done and I'm just fine tuning (read: getting husband's input:) and then I'll get to you by email tonight.
xo