Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Hello September



Welcome September! We didn't have much of summer here in NY. Lots of rain and cool air so it pretty much flew by. Now the weather is beautiful! Sunny and cool. I hope it lasts a bit longer.

My son starts pre-k next week. It is going to be a big change for all of us with the driving back and forth and not having him home with me all the time. I think he will love it and do fine and it will probably be harder for me then him.

I had entered the CRANE & CO. STUDIO LINE call for artists a month ago. I didn't have any of my designs picked. But I am curious to see how this line turns out. Should be exciting to see it.

Also, the Etsy shopped is now empty.

I did the above painting in my Moleskin watercolor journal using this color story and gouache paint. I am liking the direction of the color but I still don't feel like it is right. I am not sure if the grey needs to go darker or lighter and the mint, less bright. What do you think? Anyone, Anyone?

2 comments:

Jen B said...

Love the shapes and patterns in your leaves. My vote is for slightly less bright mint color and maybe introduce some of the pale blue from the color story. I'll be checking back to see what you decide :-)

Dana Barbieri said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for the feedback. I agree, that mint is too bright. Comes across even more so in this photo. Ughh!