Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hello

I hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather here in NY has been splendid. Yesterday I took the kids to Truck Day. They had a blast. They got to sit in the big trucks and blow the horns. Today we went to the farmers market and ate cookies and explored the community garden.

My husband and some very generous family and friends are replacing our roof, the roof with 3 layers!! So I have been super busy with the kids. My little guy is sick and I am hoping he feels better tomorrow so he can go to school.

We are all adjusting to him going to school. It has gotten easier now. Still weird that there is this whole other part of his life that we are not a part of. His sis misses him and wants to go to school as well. Soon enough baby girl.

So between school, play dates and runny noses I haven't been creating so much. I started working on my blackwork embroidery and I felt it wasn't coming out right so I stopped. I am doing a pattern that I did last yr. as a pin cushion that I gave to my mom. She is going to bring it over this week so I can take a look at it and see what I am doing wrong with it.

I also printed out these by Alicia Paulson. I have no idea if I will be able to do these or not but I am feeling so excited to try.

I do have ideas for more paintings and the sketch above is just a quick sketch with some ideas to explore further.

This week begins the e-course Life in Fish Bowl with Marisa from Creative Thursday. I can't wait for this to start. I can't wait to see what she covers. I feel so ripe with possibility lately. There are so many truly inspiring women artists and designers out there and I feel so thankful that I am able to read about and learn from so many of these wonderful artists on a daily basis via the web. In my "real" life I don't have the creative network that the web offers so to read along on their journey is incredible. ( If they are a mom as well, even better. ) I have a post coming soon about being a mom and an artist.

I hope your week is a great one filled with many creative possibilities. MAKE ART.

2 comments:

Louise Gale said...

Hey Dana, thanks so much for your comment on my blog. :-) Lovely to connect with a fellow "in the fish bowl" artist. We seem to be similar in our work and words we use! (im Dream, Inspire, Create). Feel free to email me directly on louise@britcreative.com and we can chat more. Excited to also follow you on this journey.
Louise

http://www.louisegale.blogspot.com/

jqline said...

Hiee, you have such a gorgeous cozy bubble space. I adore your paintings and the sketch :)
See you in class! :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/