Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sketchbook painting and artist

I painted this with gouache right in my sketchbook. The paper gets kinda wrinkly and it was a quick one but I am happy with it. I think I am going to do a similar one on watercolor paper. I have been so inspired by many artists lately for different reasons and I keep wanting to mention them so here is one (will get to more soon):

Kelly Rae Roberts
- She has a blog right here. She is also the author of Taking Flight. I haven't read the book yet but it is on my wish list! I have been reading her blog regularly for awhile. I enjoy her art and her wonderful words of inspiration along with beautiful photos. She shares her journey as creative woman who has had success but also still has slumps and doubts just like the rest of us.

P.S. Just noticed that if you have a pic that runs horizontally and you want to enlarge it, it gets cut off. Guess there isn't enough space in the layout.

1 comment:

AG Ambroult said...

I love this illustration...and I love that it is in your sketchbook. Wrinkled up sketchcook pages make it all that much more interesting. I'd love to see more of your sketchbook now!